Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Listen NJ

I successfully downloaded an audiobook to my pc and then moved it to an mp3 player. It was the first time I had explored Listen NJ to see what kinds of audiobooks were available. I was frustrated by the lack of good selection for the mp3 format, and when I did try to find a book that I would actually want to listen to, there was a waiting list! I really didn't expect there to be a waiting list for a digital item - what's up with that???? I did add myself to the waiting list and will be notified by e-mail when I can go and download it (I won't bother doing that, but wanted to go through the process to see what the customer goes through).

My husband thought he'd be interested in downloading a book to his ipod, but when he saw that you have a limited amount of time with the item, he said he wasn't interested. And the ones that can be burned to a CD were of little interest.

So overall, I was not impressed with the service - there should be no waiting list, at the very least, and the way to browse and find items also seemed cumbersome to me.

No comments: